Are you searching for a method to backup data from Mac using time machine backup? If yes, here you will attain an easy walkthrough of how to backup your data on Mac!
Hi there guy, I hope that you are having a great day and I’m glad to introduce you to this article. Here, you will understand how you can backup data from Mac using Time Machine backup app. If you have recently purchased a new Mac, that’s great!
You can retrieve your old data from the external drive using the Time Machine app. Besides this, it’s a great reference for those who want to backup data on Mac!
In this post, we will discuss a step-by-step guide that will provide you with a simple way to backup your data and restore files on Mac without any trouble. So, let’s grasp a bit of info about the Time Machine Backup application.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Time Machine Backup:
The Time Machine is software on macOS and it’s quite useful to store and retrieve data. All you need is an external hard drive disk to store the data to utilize this.
You can store not only specific files and folders, but also music, apps, photos, emails, and documents. The inbuilt automatic backup process stores data hourly.
You have options to set daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly backups with no issue. Plus, it works great with both network-attached disks and local storage devices.
Now that you have grasped the basics, let’s move toward the process of backup data using the Time Machine backup app on Mac. With that said, let’s begin the quest!
Backup Data From Mac Using Time Machine
You can backup data from Mac using time machine backup app. In the below section, we have covered the simple and easy-understand guide to backup your data quickly.
- First and foremost, interlink the external hard drive to Mac using a USB cable.
- Next, you have to tap on the Apple icon menu bar present on the top-left side.
- Following this, press on the System Preference options.
- Now, you have to head toward the Time Machine backup application.
- Inside this app, you have to press the Select Backup Disk option.
- In the new dialog box, you have selected the hard drive and tap on Use Disk.
- Tick on the Back-Up Automatically to immediately start the backup process.
With this, you can easily backup data from Mac using time machine backup app and restore data at any time. Now, let’s see how to restore data using time machine app.
Restore Files From a Time Machine Backup
If you want to restore backup data from Mac using time machine backup, then the following guide will help you to restore your data in an easy and precise manner.
Let’s check out the walkthrough to restore files without any problem:
- Click on the Apple icon menu and select System Preference.
- Following this, head toward the time machine block.
- Inside this, tick on the Show Time Machine in the Menu bar.
- Now, you have to tap on the Enter Time Machine app.
- Search any files and folders you want and click on Restore.
- The app will restore the file to a hard drive and return it to its original place.
That’s it, you have restored all the essential files and folders from your Mac. Besides this, you can restore data anytime and anywhere without any hassle.
How to Back Up Select Files into Time Machine?
In a particular case where you want to backup data from Mac using Time machine backup for a specific set of files, the app also provides features to apply that as well.
Now, let’s see the method to backup selected files into Time Machine:
- First and foremost, reach out to the Apple icon on the Mac home screen.
- Now, you have to press on the System Preference in the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, you have to look for the Time Machine app, tap on it.
- On the right side, you will find the Options button, click on it.
- Afterwards, you have to tap on the (+) icon.
- Now, you can remove any specific file and folder from the backup.
- After selecting, simply tap on the Exclude button.
- Lastly, click on the Done options to save the changes.
With this, you can remove specific folders and files from the backup. Moreover, you can also change the excluding list according to your requirement and daily needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- How much time is taken to Backup data on Mac?
Ans. Usually, the backup data process on Mac can complete within 5 min to 10 min internal, even though you have an older Mac version. Yet, you have to bear that time.
Q- If Time Machine can Automatically Back up the External Drives?
Ans. You didn’t need to perform any manual labor apart from allowing the time Machine settings to automatically start the backup process on the external driver.
Q- Explain the different Backup options that are supported by Apple?
Ans. There are different backup options present for Apple Mac. It includes AirPort Time Capsule, Network-attached Storage, External USB, Thunderbolt, and so on.
Q- How to Restore Backup data from Mac using Time Machine Backup app?
1. Open Apple menu and System Preference.
2. Go to the Time Machine app.
3. Tick Show Time Machine in the Menu bar.
4. Enter in Time Machine by a menu bar.
5. Select the file and restore data.
Q- Do I need an external disk to backup data on Mac?
Ans. It’s not necessary to use an external disk to completely backup your data on Mac, you can utilize cloud storage options or other apps that fit according to your demands.
In this guide, you have understood how to backup data from Mac using time machine backup, restore files, and you can also backup selected files without any hassle at all.
On the other hand, it’s the best reference for those who are looking for way to backup data from Mac using time machine backup, and for queries, visit the comment section.