Fix Instagram notifications not working on Android and iOS with the following guide. We have pointed out 10 common solutions that can Android and iOS users can apply.
Instagram is the best way to connect with different people. It’s the most popular social media where you share photos, videos, gifs, stories, reels, etc. Moreover, you can do several amazing things with astounding filters, tone colours, and many more things.
Instagram notifications connect us to the social media works, and we didn’t want to be left out, right?
Worry not! This post will provide you with the best method to solve notification issues. But before heading there, let’s see the causes of Instagram notifications not working!
Table of Contents
Causes of Instagram Notifications not Working
You might have felt the instant chat notifications do not arrive when you send or receive messages on Instagram. Or some of your friends upload a new story.
- You have to turn off notification settings from Instagram.
- There could be a bug that caused the conflict.
- iOS update bug not showing those notifications.
- And so on!
Now that you have understood that what are the common things that can cause Instagram notifications not to work. So, let’s grasp the quick solution.
Quick Fix for Instagram Notifications not Working
In this section, you will receive the quick fix for Instagram notifications that seamlessly allow you to enter into the fascinating worlds of meme pages & influencers.
- Check notification settings.
- Check Instagram settings.
- Reset Network settings options.
- Disable Focus mode and Do not Disturb.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Instagram, then allow the notification.
You can also check the Instagram version, if you are on the older version, I recommend you to switch with the latest version to experience the new and unique attributes.
How to Fix Instagram Notifications not Working on Android and iOS
The following methods are based on the reports of users, and we have divided the solutions into two formats concerning iOS and Android smartphones.
So without any further ado, let’s swim in the vast ocean!
Method #1 – Check Notification Settings
You can start with changing the notification settings and allowing Instagram to render the notification on the top-most priorities. So, let’s follow the instruction.
- You have access to the Settings app.
- Inside this, head toward Instagram.
- Go to the Notification and enable the allow Notification toggle.
- Press and hold the Instagram app for a moment.
- Following this, enter into the App info section.
- Click on the Notification and tap on Allow Notifications.
Method #2 – Modify Instagram Settings
Instagram also allows users to pause notifications from inside the app. By mistake, you might have changed those settings. You won’t get any notification unless you modify the notifications settings manually. Here is what you need to perform.
- Enter into the Instagram App on your iOS and Android.
- Tap on your account and press on more settings options.
- Insides this, you have to click on the Notification choice.
- Finally, you have to disable the Pause All toggle.
Method #3 – Disable Focus Mode (iPhone)
In the recent iOS update, the DND mode is replaced by the Focus mode. With this mode, the users can easily stop incoming messages, notifications, and calls.
It will create a productive experience while using your iPhone. But if you want Instagram in the exception list, you can follow this guide to get notifications.
- Head toward the Settings menu on the iPhone.
- Go to the Focus Mode and enter into the Focus profile.
- Following this, you have to tap on the App options.
- Tap on the Add button and add the Instagram app.
- That’s it!
With this method, you have put Instagram in the exception list of Focus mode, and you can precisely access notifications without any problem.
Method #4 – Disable Do Not Disturb (Android)
Like the Focus Mode of the iPhone, the users also get a similar feature in Android. It knows as Do Not Disturb which disable calls, message, and notification.
It could also be a problem for Instagram Notifications not working since everything has been stopped by that feature. Here’s how you can create an exception.
- Enter into the Settings application.
- Now, scroll down to the Digital Wellbeing.
- Tap on the Do Not Disturb option.
- Click on the App and press on the Add App.
- Select the Instagram app as an exception list.
Method #5 – Enable Background App (iPhone)
There’s a high chance that Instagram’s background app refresh settings are disabled on your iPhone. That’s why you aren’t getting the notification from Instagram.
Follow these instructions to fix the Instagram notifications not working problem!
- Go to the Settings menu and select the Instagram app.
- Inside the permission list, enable Background App Refresh toggle.
Method #6 – Notification Summary (iPhone)
The Notification Summary feature on iPhone allows users to set time for receiving messages and notifications. But, it could also be a reason why you are not getting Instagram message notifications. It’s time to disable this trait!
- First of all, open the Settings application.
- Next, you have to head toward the Notification menu.
- Click on the Notification Summary option.
- And then disable the Notification Summary toggle.
Method #7 – Disable Low Power Mode (iPhone)
The Low Power mode minimizes the background app software ability and provides better long-lasting battery life. It reduces activities like downloads, email, etc.
This feature might also interfere with the Instagram notification, so let’s grasp the method that permits you to disable the low Power mode accurately!
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings menu, go to the Battery section.
- Following this disable the Low Power Mode toggle.
Method #8 – Clear Instagram Cache (Android)
Sometimes, the app didn’t function due to excessive cache, and it could also result in Instagram Notifications not working properly. It could lead to notification issues.
You can fix the notification issue after clearing the Instagram Cache. Here’s the guide!
- Long press on the Instagram app and go to the App info.
- Inside the new window, tap on the storage & cache option.
- Following this, click on the clear cache present at the bottom.
Method #9 – Lock in the Background (Android)
In the name of aggressive battery management, various android smartphone skins remove the background apps to enhance the overall battery life and performance.
It could also delay notification access since the app is not present in the RAM. But still, you can turn around the situation by locking the app in the currently used app menu.
Follow these steps to lock Instagram in the background:
- Open Instagram app.
- Go to the Background app screen.
- Long press on the Instagram app and allow Lock this app option.
Note: In some software skin, you will get a lock option at the corner of the app.
Now onwards, the Instagram app won’t kill install from the background app, unless and until you remove it manually. With this, you won’t get any delay in notifications.
Method #10 – Update to the latest Instagram
Last but not least, you can grab the latest version to bypass Instagram notifications not working issue. Besides this, you will also attain impressive features and modes.
To get the latest update, go to the play store. If it’s showing the update option, just click on it to attain those immersive features and functions without any hassle at all!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- Do I need to change Instagram settings to get notifications?
Ans. Instagram settings authorize you to manage the notifications settings according to your requirement. Go to the profile and the settings, then disable Pause All.
Q- What is Pause All settings in Instagram?
Ans. Instagram’s Pause All settings allow users to entirely disable notifications and you won’t get any message, stories, or likes info until you disable this feature.
Q- How to fix Instagram Notification not working on iPhone?
1. Head toward the Settings menu.
2. Tap on the Instagram app.
3. Allow all of the toggles to get a notification.
Q- How to fix Instagram Notification not working on Android?
1. Long press on the Instagram app.
2. Click on the App info section.
3. Go to the Notification settings.
4. Allow all notifications option.
Q- Is it necessary to disable Focus mode to access Instagram Notification?
Ans. No, it’s not necessary to completely disable focus mode to access Instagram notifications. You add Instagram into the exception list to access notifications.
I hope these methods help you to solve the Instagram notifications not working issue, and you are getting every important notification like it used to be before.
However, if you are still getting any problems even after reading this guide, do let us know in the following section. Meanwhile, enjoy chatting with your friends.