If you desire to unlock rooting features over your Android phone, you need to know how to install TWRP on any Android phone!
The Android ecosystem offers exciting features, but still, there are several limiters that you can’t break efficiently, unless and until you have root access. Rooting your device provides you with the wings to reach new heights.
However, reaching there might be difficult if you didn’t know the correct methods. In that situation, you will require different and unique standalone software and one of them is TWRP recovery. Most people didn’t the right way, but you will know now!
I have covered two methods that can be used to install TWRP on any Android phone with and without a PC. But before that, let’s understand this custom recovery.
Table of Contents
What is TWRP?
Like any other custom recovery, the Team Win Recovery Project in short TWRP is an unofficial recovery that leverages impressive features that your current stock recovery might not offer. You are getting a touchscreen interface that improves performance.
Apart from this, you can do numerous takes from the complete backup of Android phone data to merely flashing ROMs. Anything is possible, while the things you can do are the tip of the iceberg, and there are tons of things that you might not know.
Why Flash TWRP?
The main reason why you install any custom recovery in the first place is that stock recovery is not designed to flash ROMs. In that case, you have to move toward the unofficial custom recovery options present in the market.
But if you are looking for something good solution, TWRP recovery is the most famous option. Not only you are getting different customization features, but there are specific attributes to wipe, backup, restore, mount, etc.
It is also necessary if you are rooting your phone via magisk, while there are pros and cons as well. So, let’s have a glance over those things.
Advantages of TWRP recovery
Once you have opened the doors by installing TWRP over your phone, you can flash various standalone anything you want without much hassle. Besides this, you will be able to eventually gain root access with the custom recovery aid.
On the other hand, you can flash custom ROMs to create a personalized ecosystem and modify core system settings apt according to your need. Apart from interface changes, you can also repair bootloop and boot custom firmware.
Get the latest version of the Android interface and many more things. Now, let’s head toward the other side of the coin!
Disadvantages of TWRP recovery
When you install TWRP on any Android phone, you are opening the doors for the bootloader. In simple words, when you unlock the bootloader, you will lose warranty privileges since it’s against company policies.
The bootloop problem usually arrives due to incompatible ROMs that crash the system, while the worst-case downside is the phone becomes brick. Moreover, the device will be more vulnerable than before as the security layering has already lifted.
Sometimes, users face bootloop issues too. Aside from that, no more future Android updates for you. Now, let’s get ready to install TWRP on Android phones first!
How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone
You can install TWRP on any Android phone in two ways. In the first approach, we provide the method that needs a computer, while the second method didn’t need it.
But before that, make sure to fulfill all requirements to smoothly run the process.
Before You Start
- You need to know how to unlock bootloader on any Android phone first.
- Fuel your phone more than 80% to follow the upcoming process precisely.
- Grab the TWRP recovery according to your smartphone model number.
- Get the USB cable and OTG connector to join the computer and handset.
Disclaimer: Read every step adequately to execute the process properly and to avoid any issues. Droidmeguide is not liable for damage, you need to take a risk on your hand. Also, ensure to take a complete backup of your data.
Method #1: Install TWRP Using Computer
I hope that you already know how to access developer mode. If not, follow the steps.
- Go to the Settings Application and About Phone.
- Click on the Build Number a few times.
- Now, enter Developer mode in the search bar.
- Allow OEM unlocking and USB debugging toggle.
With this, you have unlocked the essential developer settings that you will need in the upcoming process. Follow the instruction to flash the TWRP file accurately.
Step 1: Interlink both devices
- Turn off the device, and boot your phone into the fastboot mode.
- Press Volume Up + Power button to enter the Fastboot mode.
- Now, connect your phone using the USB and another end to PC.
Step 2: Apply fastboot commands
- Download and extract Platform Tools to run fastboot commands.
- Inside the Platform Tools folder, type “cmd” in the Address bar.
- Apply command “fastboot devices” to check device connectivity.
- Next, enter “fastboot flash recovery” and copy paste TWRP file.
- Hit Enter, that’s it!
In a few seconds, the process will end. Following this, reboot your phone, and once again boot into the recovery to see that you have successfully installed TWRP.
Method #2: Install TWRP Without Computer
In this method, you will need two phones to properly install TWRP on any Android phone without any problem. So, let’s move toward the following walkthrough.
I’m assuming that you have already unlocked developer settings, if not, check the first method in which we have included how to enter into the developer seamlessly.
Note: Make sure to download the TWRP recovery file over your secondary phone.
Step 1: Prepare the Setup
- Make sure you enable OEM unlock and USB debugging on both phones.
- First of all, you need to download the Bugjaeger App on a secondary phone.
- Connect both devices using an OTG connector and official USB cable.
Step 2: Apply the commands
- Open the app, scroll left in multiple settings, and click on lightning icon.
- Tap on the Reboot Bootloader option to put the phone in boot mode.
- Enter the first command “fastboot devices” to see phone details.
- Next, enter “fastboot flash recovery” and click on the add file button.
- Navigate to the location and press on the TWRP.img file.
- Lastly, tap on the Play button to apply custom recovery.
With this, you can enjoy the amazing features of TWRP custom recovery attributes.
Whether you choose the process that includes computer aid or go with the without PC process, you will flash custom recovery without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- How to install TWRP on any Android phone without a PC?
Ans. To install TWRP without a PC, you will need two devices.
1. Put the primary phone in fastboot.
2. Install ADB/fastboot tool on the second phone.
3. Connect both devices.
4. Then flash recovery.
Q- Does install TWRP wipe data?
Ans. Technically speaking, yes. Installing TWRP recovery over your Android phone will erase data since you have unlocked the bootloader that wipes out data.
Q- Can I root my phone without unlocking the bootloader?
Ans. Rooting without unlocking the bootloader is possible. All you need is to install the KingRoot apk on your Android device that’s it, you will attain rooting features.
Q- Can TWRP be installed without root?
Ans. You didn’t need to gain root access to install TWRP on any Android phone. You can flash numerous files and software with custom recovery.
Q- Is it necessary to install TWRP to root?
Ans. You root your phone even without TWRP, and there are tons of various methods present on the Internet to attain those fascinating privileges.
I hope that you have understood how to install TWRP on any Android phone, and as a result, you can perform several other things like you never used to before.
In contrast to this, if you are facing any issues rooting your phone or encounter issues while skimming the guide, do let us know in the following section about it.