Are you looking for a method to fix location services not working on iPhone? Yes, then you have come across the correct to solve this issue.
Location services not working on iPhone is a common problem that iPhone users face in regular cases. If you are facing the same issue of connecting to the location services and are eager to solve this issue. Make sure to stick to the end.
We covered different ways that allow you to fix the location services issue on iPhone. If one didn’t work, you can check out the other option available. Before that, let’s see the reason behind the trouble.
Table of Contents
Location Services Not Working on iPhone, Why?
There could be numerous reasons from software to hardware issues. Here are some common factors that can be behind location services not working on iPhone.
- The location service not working is due to restrictions from apps.
- Some other resource restrictions can also slow down the location services.
- You might have turned off the Background app refresh settings.
- Location-based alerts and location-based suggestions might be disabled.
- Lastly, it could be a bugs issue from the latest update.
Now that you have grasped the situation and what is the cause that creates havoc during location services working. So, let’s understand the methods to fix them.
Fix Location Services Not Working on iPhone
The location problem can be solved by following the below methods, checking one after another to fix the location services not working on iPhone in a precise way.
- Force Restart the Device.
- Re-enable Location Services.
- Enable Location-Based Alerts.
- Reset Location Services & Privacy.
- Reset Network Settings.
- Disable Restrictions.
- Turn On/ Enable Background App Refresh.
- Enable and Disable the Airplane Mode.
The list can go on and on. Hopefully, with these methods, you can solve more than 99.9% of location services problems. So, let’s begin the walkthrough!
Method #1 – Force Restart the Device
There are several instances most of the problems can be fixed with a simple reboot, and the same applies to the location services not working on iPhone with no hassle.
You didn’t need to follow up the advanced methods when everything can solve with the force restarting the device, though the process restart is different for each model.
So, let’s start with the most recent iPhone lineup. The following methods can work with iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPad easily.
- First of all, press and release the Volume Up button.
- Next, you have to press and release the Volume Down button.
- Now, click on the Power button for a while.
- A slider appears on the screen, ignore that.
- After a while, the reboot process will start.
For above iPhone 7 can follow the upcoming method to restart the iPhone.
- You have to press the combo of Volume Down and Side button for 10-seconds.
- That’s it, it will restart your iPhone!
Lastly, the iPhone 6 below options and iPad touch with the home button.
- Here, you have to press Home and Power button smiutenously.
Method #2 – Re-enable Location Services
The location services might not be working properly due to some complications in the network connectivity while sharing my location attributes might not work precisely.
The reason could be that you might have unknowingly disabled the location service. So, let’s fix the location services not working on iPhone with the following steps.
- First and foremost, you have to navigate to the Settings app on iOS.
- Following this, click on the Privacy options.
- Next, you have to disable and then re-enable Location Services.
With this, you can easily fix the location service problem from the core. But, even after this method, you didn’t see any improvement. It’s great to jump to the next method.
Method #3 – Enable Location-Based Alerts
Won’t it be great to receive details regarding locations services alerts, suggestions, and notifications? It would solve a lot of hassle in the future too.
You can effectively identify the location services not working on iPhone with the location-based alerts and location-based suggestions. Here’s how you will do it!
- You have to head toward the Settings apps on iOS devices.
- Head toward the Privacy option present on the list.
- Now, tap on the Location Service.
- Scroll down and press on the System Services.
- Allow location-based alerts and location-based suggestions toggle.
Method #4 – Reset Location Services & Privacy
- As usual, enter the Settings app.
- Following this, press on the General option.
- Next, you have to tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone
- Afterwards, click on the Reset option.
- Then, you have to press on Reset Location & Privacy.
- Enter your passcode details and restart the device!
With the process, you can easily reset location and privacy features on your iPhone, while if you are not showing any result, you can still reset the network settings.
Method #5 – Reset Network Settings
If you are not noticing any specific result even after resetting the location and privacy, it’s time to reset the network setting to fix the iOS location service working properly.
Note: After resetting your iOS device network settings, the Wi-Fi password, VPN, and other internet features will be reset. So, make sure to remember all passcodes.
- Now. let’s see the process to reset network settings:
- First of all, you have to enter into the Settings App.
- Next, Go to the General option present the menu.
- Following this, you have to select the Reset options.
- In which, you must pick the Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your iPhone password to conclude the process.
That’s it! You have reset the network setting. Now, you won’t face location services not working on iPhone. However, if it doesn’t work out for you, check the next method.
Method #6 – Disable Restrictions
One of the primary reasons why the iOS location service not working issue occurred in the first place was due to misconfigured restriction settings of Shared my location.
In this scenario, you have options to disable the restrictions option according to your needs and it fixes the location services trouble on iPhone without any hassle at all.
Thus, let’s have a glance at the instruction to completely disable restrictions!
- Firstly, launch the Settings app.
- Now, you have to enter into the Screen Time.
- Scroll down and tap on the Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Following this, enter your passcode to apply the changes.
- In the new dialog box, disable the Location Service.
Note: You can entirely remove the restriction by simply turning off the Content & Privacy Restrictions toggle without any problem.
There are a few handfuls of methods remains that can solve the location issue.
Method #7 – Turn On Background App Refresh
There are tons of people who are facing the issue of iOS location services not working properly after the recent update. You can fix that by enabling Background app refresh.
To do so, follow the step-by-step instruction guide:
- Enter into the Settings applications.
- Now, head toward the General settings option.
- Click on the Background App Refresh choice.
- Now, select the Wi-Fi and Mobile Data option.
- That’s it, you have successfully enabled backup app refresh.
Note: The battery drainage would be more as your iPhone will automatically use your mobile data and Wi-Fi service anytime. In short, you will get less screen time.
Method #8 – Enable/Disable the Airplane Mode
Even after all of this hassle and methods, you didn’t get any improvement in the location services not working on iPhone, you enable/disable the Airplane mode.
It will be useful in fixing the location not updating issue. Follow the guide to fix it.
- First and foremost, you have to open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- At the top, you will find Airplane mode and then enable it for a moment.
- Now, disable the Airplane mode to restore the network settings.
- Finally, the location will update precisely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- How to Enable LTE on iPhone?
Ans. Sometimes, the GPS and location service didn’t work properly, it can be fixed by enabling the LTE connection. So, let’s check the process.
1. Open Settings Apps.
2. Enter into Cellular.
3. Then Cellular Data Option.
4. Disable and then Enable LTE option.
Q- How to Change Date & Time Settings?
Ans. if the date and time settings are not configured properly, the internet, as well as location feature, won’t precisely. So, let’s see how to fix this.
1. Launch the Settings App.
2. Enter into the General options.
3. Click on the Date and Time.
4. Tap on the Set Automatically option.
Q- Do I need to change the location settings?
Ans. You can change the location services settings on iPhones, and for that, you need to enter into the Settings → Privacy → Enable Location Settings toggle.
Q- Why is my iPhone Location Services not working?
Ans. The iPhone location services not working due to some bugs or you have applied some changes in the system settings. Or the location services are off.
Q- What do I do if my Location Services aren’t working?
Ans. Close and then reopen the map app might restore the location service. If not, you can restart the app and refresh the location to see the results or see settings.
That’s all you need to do to solve the iOS location services problem! You can effectively navigate to unknown locations with the amazing GPS features of your iPhone.
In contrast to this, if you are still facing any problem, we recommend you visit nearest service center in case the issue occurred due to a hardware malfunction.