Hi friends! Are you looking for a simple method to root Asus ROG Phone 5s? If yes, you have come across at the correct location. Here, you will obtain the ultimate guide!
In this post, I have covered methods that will unlock those system settings for you and you can easily unleash the true potential of the phone. But before starting the process, you require some standalone applications and software to avoid trouble later on.
Worry not! We have pointed down all the essential things and requirements to subtly access the root access. However, you also need to be aware of the downside because it could severely damage the phone, and won’t be able to do anything.
With that said, let’s head toward the following section to understand what root is!
What is Root?
In the tress, the root is covered in the soil and stored in the water to transport to every branch of the tree. Similarly, there’s also a root directory in the operating system.
It has a similar working of storing data from the entire system and gives access when the admin requires to run any operation. Besides this, it’s denoted by the “/”. The data includes users, apps, and the system directory, while it’s closely related to ROM.
Why Root Asus ROG Phone 5s?
There’s no doubt that Asus releases performance and gaming-centric phones, which generally provide exceptional processing power with in-built optimization software.
But at the same time, you can’t change the system settings and cross the overclocking limits. However, the root access will render those traits and you can effortlessly cross the boundaries to reach your desired performance level without any hassle.
Aside from this, you can modify the interface to some extent. But you also need to be aware of the pros and cons of rooting to avoid damage. So, let’s visit them!
Your command will control everything once you have unlocked those fascinating traits. Moreover, you have the power to add different custom features and remove anything.
There are numerous things you can try out to increase the privacy and security factors of your phone in hassle-free manner. Aside from this, if you desire to obtain a clean UI interface experience, you can efficiently obtain those traits with a rooted device.
Rooting does open new possibility doors, but at the same time, you can’t do anything about the external attacks because the device becomes more vulnerable than before!
Alongside, if you aimlessly remove any system settings or flash the incompatible ROM, the device meets problems like a boot loop. In the worst case, the device will become a complete brick. On the surface level, you lose warranty and bank app access.
How to Root Asus ROG Phone 5s?
Now that you have grasped the whole concept of rooting your phone, it’s time to head toward the procedure section where we have covered different methods.
In the following part, you can choose any method to unlock those benefits, but before starting make sure to finish all of the necessary pre-requirement to begin the process.
Before You Start
- You need to know how to unlock bootloader on any Android phone first.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your important data and files.
- You need to make sure the phone is fueling more than 80% of the process.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
Method #1: Root Asus ROG Phone 5s Using Magisk
The safest method to root an android phone without a PC, the first thing that comes to my mind is Magisk. With this, you will get a 99.9% success rate of rooting.
In case, you might didn’t know, you need to Install TWRP custom recovery to use this method properly. Install recovery with our guide.
- Download the latest version of the Magisk App on your Android phone.
- If you have downloaded magisk.apk file, change the .apk format to .zip.
- Following this, you have to boot into the TWRP custom recovery mode.
- Turn off the phone and apply the boot pattern Volume Up + Power key.
- Inside the TWRP home screen, click on the Install option.
- Search for the magisk zip file location in the internal storage.
- Select the file and then swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Once the process ends, reboot your android phone further ado.
- Lastly, install the Magisk App to experience rooting traits.
Note: If you want to use something else custom recovery, you are free to use other options present in the market. Meanwhile, Orangefox could be a great choice too.
Method #2: Root Asus ROG Phone 5s without PC
The second method applies to root features using the KingRoot app whose success rate is roughly 85% since all the changes take place in the system partition, unlike magisk where everything is stored in the boot partition.
Though there’s a slight risk rooting from KingRoot, it’s the most method too! So, follow the upcoming steps to apply immersive rooting features.
- First and foremost, you have to download the KingRoot apk.
- For that, allow the unknown source options from the settings.
- Install the app in the internal storage and open it right away.
- Click on the Try it button to start the flashing procedure.
- Don’t panic while various reboot processes take place.
- Once that ends, you have attained the rooting privileges.
You can check the results using the root checker application. If the screen shows a green tick, kudos, you have unlocked those impressive set of traits.
Method #3: Root Asus ROG Phone 5s Using OneClickRoot
Are you bored of the dull system settings? Yes, you are! Get the most suitable method to root your phone via OneClickRoot. This process has a 100% success rate.
Besides this, they are certified by the Xda developer so there’s nothing to worry about. You will obtain exciting root features while just sitting in your chair.
Here’s the method to root your device in just one click.
- First of all, browse the OneClickRoot official website.
- Tap on your smartphone brand and type the model number.
- Lastly, add the Android version details and hit enter.
- Check whether the phone is rootable or not!
- Let them do their work while you enjoy your daily routine!
You have completed the ultimate root Asus ROG Phone 5s guide here. With this, you can start customization by adding various ROMs and advanced software first.
Finally, if you face any problems while reading this article or any steps didn’t function in your case, you can point that out in the following comment section to get replies.