Hi friends! Are you looking for the easiest method to root Moto G8 Power Lite? Hurrey, you have landed on the right page, and finally, your search ends here with this guide.
It’s time for revolution and the first thing you need to do is unlock the system settings doors that the smartphone maker has shut down. Take control of everything, nobody can stop from reaching your goal of rooting your device.
In the following guide, I have covered everything from the basics to advanced, so that you can effortlessly enter into the system settings and get those charming and robust features. With that, it’s possible to increase the customization aspect too.
But before you are heading the primary process, let’s grasp more info about rooting!
What is Root?
The root is hidden system files where the entire data is stored. Though, normal users can’t access those places unless and until the users have unlocked superuser traits.
To access those files, you need to acquire the admin settings, while the procedure of getting administrative privileges is known as rooting. In the next section, you will get various methods to obtain root access to your device.
Why Root Moto G8 Power Lite?
Motorola phones usually perform pretty well according to everyday use requirements. While at the same time, the stock interface makes their handsets eye-candy for techie users. But, it limits the customisation factors of the interface.
The same thing happened to the Moto G8-series handsets. At that point, rooting does become the most useful explanation to gain root access. However, you also require to be aware of the downside that can brick the phones, so follow the next part precisely.
Before You Start
Now that you have understood why you need to unlock those fascinating features of your phone, let’s have a quick chat over the requirement for the upcoming process.
Take a complete backup
Before you step into rooting, the first thing that you require to do would be to take a complete backup of your important data. Below is the guide that will help you to do.
The bootloader runs bootstrap commands whenever you start or reboot your handset. To get rooting privilege, you have to open the bootloader settings, so check this guide.
Charge your phone
You need to ensure that your Android phone is charged more than 60% to avoid any trouble such as a bootloop problem during opening the phone’s bootloader settings.
Install TWRP recovery
TWRP is an open source project that is used to install Magisk, SuperSU and Modules. Check out the following simple step by step guide to implementing custom recovery.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
Method #1: Root Moto G8 Power Lite Using Magisk
The safest method to root Android phone without a PC, the foremost thing that comes to my mind is Magisk. With this, you will get a 99.9% success rate of rooting.
For this method, you require to meet two major conditions. First, unlock the bootloader, and second, flash custom recovery to your phone. If you did that you are ready to root.
- Download the latest version of the Magisk App on your Android phone.
- If you have downloaded magisk.apk file, change the .apk format to .zip.
- Following this, you have to boot into the TWRP custom recovery mode.
- Turn off the phone and apply the boot pattern Volume Up + Power key.
- Inside the TWRP home screen, click on the Install option.
- Search for the magisk zip file location in the internal storage.
- Select the file and then swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Once the process ends, reboot your Android phone further ado.
- Lastly, install the Magisk App to experience rooting traits.
Note: If you want to use something else custom recovery, you are free to use other options present in the market. Meanwhile, Orangefox could be a great choice too.
Method #2: Root Moto G8 Power Lite Without PC
If you don’t want to follow a lengthy process and look for a simple shortcut, you can check out the KingoRoot app which provides over 80~85% rooting success rate.
In case you are in hurry and want to unlock the remarkable rooting privileges without any further ado? Getting the KingoRoot application is the most suitable solution.
- First and foremost, you need to download and Install the KingoRoot app.
- Once the download process ends, go to the folder and install the application.
- If you face some issue, enable the “unknown source” settings.
- Next, you have to access the application and tap on One Click Root option.
- Following this, all you need to do is wait till the KingoRoot process ends.
- Bingo! You have successfully rooted your device.
If you have doubts about whether my handset is rooted or not, we highly recommend you download the root check application. With this, you can check the rooting status.
When you press on the phone icon, it shows a green signal. You have achieved those fantastic traits. On the other hand, you don’t obtain those benefits if it comes out red. Meanwhile, you can check out different methods for a better success rate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- How to backup and restore on TWRP?
Ans. Here are the steps to backup and restore data using TWRP.
1. Access the TWRP homepage.
2. Click on Backup and select Boot, System, Data.
3. Swipe left to start the backup procedure.
To Restore data,
1. Go back and tap on Restore option.
2. Click on the Boot, System, and Data.
3. Finally, swipe left to restore data.
Q- How to install the Bugjeager app?
Ans. Here are the following steps to install this app.
1. Get the latest version of Bugjeager from the play store.
2. Access the app and allow necessary permissions.
3. Swipe left to access the thunder sign,
4. Connect your device with OTA & USB cable.
5. Click on the blue button to run fastboot commands.
Q- How to confirm root access?
Ans. You can confirm the root access through the RootChecker app. It is available on the Playstore, you can directly download this app after finishing the rooting process.
Q- Do I need to unlock the bootloader?
Ans. Yes, you have to unlock the bootloader of Moto G8 Power Lite to get root access. Without this, you can’t install the custom recovery needed for rooting process.
Kudos, my friend! You have finally rooted your Moto G8 Power Lite. Grab this chance and apply numerous modifications to the interface according to your requirement. In the meanwhile, you can tell us your queries and suggestion in the below section.