Hi there, guys! Are you bored with the interface settings? In that matter, you can root OnePlus 10R 5G using the following given guide and unlock new and exciting traits.
In this post, we have covered the easiest method to unleash the true potential of your smartphone. Besides this, you need to acquire lots of standalone software to start the process. But worry not, you will get everything in the following steps.
Once you have opened the doors for rooting, you can easily perform several tasks that include total control over the system settings. Moreover, you can flash different UI over your phone without any trouble.
Now, let’s head toward what is root section to understand the basics precisely.
Table of Contents
What is Root?
Rooting is a process that allows users to unlock the system’s features that are blocked by smartphone makers. Once you have opened those doors, you can do anything.
But before that, you have to follow a tedious procedure to unlock the bootloader and get the flashing tools to finally get those exciting attributes. There are various reasons why users want those privileges, let’s find out in the following section.
Why Root OnePlus 10R 5G?
The OnePlus smartphone offers different user-centric elements that make them stand out from the competition. But after the merger with Oppo, everything feels slow down and boring. If you want to retain the OxygenOS back, you can root your device.
Once you have performed the entire process, the system will work at your fingertips and you can effortlessly modify the interface functions according to your desire and demand. Moreover, you can install custom ROMs easily.
All of these features and functions don’t even scratch the surface and there are tons of things that you can explore with rooting attributes. Nevertheless, you should also think about the downsides too. So, let’s understand both pros and cons.
Almost every brand renders pre-install bloatware apps that make the whole UI layout looks boring and annoying. But, if you have unveiled the root access, you can remove those bloatware apps from the interface layout without any problem.
The same goes for applying modification in the interface, you can flash custom ROMs to create a personalized layout that has your favorite wallpaper, launchers, and other things. Besides this, you can also obtain advanced software like overclocking.
If you don’t take a backup, you won’t be able to get data back as the rooting process will entirely wipe out internal storage data. You will fail to acquire the warranty privileges because gaining root access is against makers’ policies on the same note.
These problems are just the tip of the iceberg, but there’s a slight chance that you will notice performance drops and lag issues after unlocking those exciting traits. Moreover, it could even lead to bigger situations like bootloop and complete brick.
How to Root OnePlus 10R 5G?
If you are a newbie to rooting and unlocking those access for the first time, you need to choose the best method. In that case, check out the magisk method.
It will provide you rooting feature in the most suitable way and the risk factor is pretty minimal compared to other options. But before getting started with the procedure, we highly recommend you complete the pre-requirements first.
Before You Begin
- Make sure your smartphone bootloader is already unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlock bootloader on any OnePlus phone.
- Your smartphone battery should be charged to more than 60%.
- This guide is only for OnePlus 10R 5G, So don’t try it on any other smartphone.
- Don’t forget to take a complete backup of your important data.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
Method #1: Root OnePlus 10R 5G Using Magisk
The safest method to root an Android phone without a PC, the first thing that comes to my mind is Magisk. With this, you will get a 99.9% success rate of rooting.
In case, you might didn’t know, you need to Install TWRP custom recovery to use this method properly. Install recovery with our guide.
- Download the latest version of the Magisk zip on your Android phone.
- Following this, you have to boot into the TWRP custom recovery mode.
- Turn off the phone and apply the boot pattern Volume Up + Power key.
- Inside the TWRP home screen, click on the Install option.
- Search for the magisk zip file location in the internal storage.
- Select the file and then swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Once the process ends, reboot your Android phone further ado.
- Lastly, install the Magisk App to experience rooting traits.
Note: If you want to use something else custom recovery, you are free to use other options present in the market. Meanwhile, Orangefox could be a great choice too.
Method #2: Root OnePlus 10R 5G without PC
The second method applies to root features using the KingRoot app whose success rate is roughly 85% since all the changes take place in the system partition, unlike magisk where everything is stored in the boot partition.
Though there’s a slight risk rooting from KingRoot, it’s the most method too! So, follow the upcoming steps to apply immersive rooting features.
- First and foremost, you have to download the KingRoot apk.
- For that, allow the unknown source options from the settings.
- Install the app in the internal storage and open it right away.
- Click on the Try it button to start the flashing procedure.
- Don’t panic while various reboot processes take place.
- Once that ends, you have attained the rooting privileges.
You can check the results using the root checker application. If the screen shows a green tick, kudos, you have unlocked those impressive set of traits.
Method #3: Root OnePlus 10R 5G (OneClickRoot)
Are you bored with the dull system settings? Yes, you are! Get the most suitable method to root your phone via OneClickRoot. This process has a 100% success rate.
Besides this, they are certified by the Xda developer so there’s nothing to worry about. You will obtain exciting root features while just sitting in your chair.
Here’s the method to root your device in just one click.
- First of all, browse the OneClickRoot official website.
- Tap on your smartphone brand and type the model number.
- Lastly, add the Android version details and hit enter.
- Check whether the phone is rootable or not!
- Let them do their work while you enjoy your daily routine!
With this, you have successfully rooted the OnePlus 10R 5G. Now, you can effortlessly throw away the ColorOS, and use the previous-gen OxygenOS for a sleek experience.
Apply custom ROMs, change interface layout, get unofficial updates, and many more things at your fingertips. But at the same time, if you face any problems while reading the guide, do let us know in the comment section below.