Hi there, guys! Are you looking for the easiest method to root Realme GT 2 Pro? If yes, you have come across the correct place. Here, you will get a 100% working guide.
In this post, you will obtain the essential resource that is needed in a rooting process. But, it could be a difficult and lengthy task because you have to run some commands, open bootloader settings, flash various software, and so on.
Though, we recommend to don’t being panic with all those overwhelming thoughts. In the guide, you will receive step by step instructions on how to do everything. So make sure to stick to the end and take control of your phone precisely.
We suggest you begin with the basic steps. Therefore, let’s move to the next para.
Table of Contents
What is Root?
Rooting is a one step process that allows users to attain system privileges. With this, you will receive admin level settings that eventually grant control over the entire OS.
Although, you can’t receive root access because of the smartphone makers’ limits. But once you have opened those privileges doors, you can do many things that are usually not possible on a regular device. Are you ready to know more?
Why Root Realme GT 2 Pro?
The Realme phones provide a diverse range of functionality that makes them a rather great deal to tech enthusiasts. But, as we all know that Realme UI is loaded with lots of bloatware apps. Because of this, many users don’t this interface.
Now that you have purchased this smartphone and annoying apps are bothering the experience, in that case, you can try to unlock the amazing rooting features with this guide. Afterwards, you can easily remove the pre-install software.
It’s only getting started as you just have scratched the surface and you will attain a lot of other exciting things. But on the other hand, you should think about the flaws of the root as they can severely damage your device too. So, let’s see the pros and cons.
Taking a dive into the system settings becomes a pretty easy job, while you can apply modifications that change the overall interface layout according to your needs. Apart from this, you can install custom ROMs to create a personalized ecosystem.
If the customization features feel boring, you can still try out tons of other attributes. Increase performance level, get better battery life, receive updates faster, and many more things, which usually a non-rooted device can’t provide.
The rooting features are good in some aspects, while there’s no denying that you need to be aware of the downsides. For instance, if you have unlocked the bootloader traits, you already violate company policies and are not eligible for warranty features.
The same goes for the banking apps as they didn’t allow access by a rooted handset. Meanwhile, performance lags are considered a common problem. You can fix this by hard reset. But you can’t do anything about it if trouble like boot loop appears.
How to Root Realme GT 2 Pro?
Considering the fact that you have read the pros and cons, I hope you have discovered basic information about the benefits and flaws of rooting. It will assist you in making a serious decision about whether you want to unlock that access or not.
If not, you are risking nothing! But if yes, you can do anything with the system settings. Don’t worry about anything and choose any rooting process you prefer. Before you get started, make sure to complete the pre-requirement precisely.
Before You Start
- Make sure your smartphone bootloader is already unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlock bootloader on any Realme phone.
- Your smartphone battery should be charged to more than 60%.
- This guide is only for Realme GT 2 Pro, So don’t try it on any other smartphone.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your important data and files.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
Method #1: Root Realme GT 2 Pro Using Magisk
The safest method to root an Android phone without a PC, the first thing that comes to my mind is Magisk. With this, you will get a 99.9% success rate of rooting.
In case, you might didn’t know, you need to Install TWRP custom recovery to use this method properly. Install recovery with our guide.
- Download the latest version of the Magisk zip on your Android phone.
- Following this, you have to boot into the TWRP custom recovery mode.
- Turn off the phone and apply the boot pattern Volume Up + Power key.
- Inside the TWRP home screen, click on the Install option.
- Search for the magisk zip file location in the internal storage.
- Select the file and then swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Once the process ends, reboot your Android phone further ado.
- Lastly, install the Magisk App to experience rooting traits.
Note: If you want to use something else custom recovery, you are free to use other options present in the market. Meanwhile, Orangefox could be a great choice too.
Method #2: Root Realme GT 2 Pro without PC
The second method applies to root features using the KingRoot app whose success rate is roughly 85% since all the changes take place in the system partition, unlike magisk where everything is stored in the boot partition.
Though there’s a slight risk rooting from KingRoot, it’s the most method too! So, follow the upcoming steps to apply immersive rooting features.
- First and foremost, you have to download the KingRoot apk.
- For that, allow the unknown source options from the settings.
- Install the app in the internal storage and open it right away.
- Click on the Try it button to start the flashing procedure.
- Don’t panic while various reboot processes take place.
- Once that ends, you have attained the rooting privileges.
You can check the results using the root checker application. If the screen shows a green tick, kudos, you have unlocked those impressive set of traits.
Method #3: Root Realme GT 2 Pro (OneClickRoot)
Are you bored with the dull system settings? Yes, you are! Get the most suitable method to root your phone via OneClickRoot. This process has a 100% success rate.
Besides this, they are certified by the Xda developer so there’s nothing to worry about. You will obtain exciting root features while just sitting in your chair.
Here’s the method to root your device in just one click.
- First of all, browse the OneClickRoot official website.
- Tap on your smartphone brand and type the model number.
- Lastly, add the Android version details and hit enter.
- Check whether the phone is rootable or not!
- Let them do their work while you enjoy your daily routine!
With above guide, you can root your Realme GT 2 Pro without any problem. Once you have opened those system settings, you can start your journey with custom ROMs.
On the other hand, if you encounter any problems while following the steps, do let us know about it in the comment section. Besides this, we are eager to read about your adventure with this walkthrough, so tell us about your experience below.