Have you ever tried to root Samsung Galaxy A12? If not, you must do it, it will unlock the fascinating doors of rooting and unleashing your true potential.
Rooting can a hassle task for anybody who is trying for the first time. Even for me, it takes hours to walk through the guide completely. But eventually, I have come across the best way to root android phones. So, I have covered that in the following post.
When you start the process, you will need to acquire lots of standalone apps that are essential for the root operation. Worry not! You will get everything before beginning.
Before starting the procedure, let’s grasp the basics to understand what are doing with the root directory. With that said, let’s begin our journey.
What is Root?
Inside the operating system, the root directory is placed only to store data. All of those data files were piled from the system operations are stored there. The root directory is handled through the administer privileges.
Moreover, there’s also administered directory that delivers access to system data for different operations. But, a normal user won’t be able to obtain those settings. Until they know how to receive the rooting features on any android phone.
Are you ready to know why people root in the first place? Yes, you want to know!
Why Root Samsung Galaxy A12?
You will find lots of people who are bothered by the annoying bloatware apps. Do you face the same problem? Many users root their handset to remove those useless apps. But some users have great ambitions.
Those types of people desire to control the overall ecosystem settings and acquire a personalized experience. Unlike them, there are a few people who only want root to experience various UI features. Are you also looking for those features too?
Before You Start
Before you get started with the installation guide, you have to finish the requirements to easily unlock the root access. So, we highly recommend completing these steps.
Take a complete backup
You don’t want to lose your device data. Right? In that case, the first thing you need to do before starting the root process is to backup your data. To apply, check the guide.
Install Odin on PC
Odin software is designed to flash stock firmware files (in .tar or .tar.md5 formats) on Android-based Samsung devices and supports any Windows operating system.
Unlocking the bootloader is a pretty important task while rooting your phone, without this, you won’t be able to unlock the root access. So, grab the complete guide below.
To acquire root access in Galaxy series you need to download stock firmware package according to the model name. You can choose any option present in the below section.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A12?
When you are rooting your device, you can need to finish pre-requirements to easily follow up the guide. If you properly follow the instruction, you won’t face issues.
The root process with magisk is the best option; even if you are new to this field. There are tons of options to obtain those fascinating access, but the safest and most secure is the following methods. So, make sure to stick to the end!
Step #1: Preparing boot image
- You have to grab the stock firmware from the above section.
- Following this, you have to extract the zip using an unzipper.
- When you extract the firmware, you have several file options.
- You have to copy only the AP file from the extracted folder.
- Lastly, paste it into your Samsung phone’s internal storage.
Step #2: Patching boot image
- Download and install the Magisk App on your phone.
- Now, access the application and click on the Install section.
- Select and Patch a file option and go to AP file location.
- Click on Ok! The file was replaced by magisk_patched.tar.
- You need to transfer that patched file to your computer.
Step #3: Flash patched boot file
- Now, Turn OFF the device and then boot into download mode.
- Extract and open the Odin Flash Tool as shown below screenshot.
- Connect your phone to the computer through a USB cable.
- Click on “AP” and select the magisk_patched.tar file location.
- Inside the options, disable the auto-reboot function.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin the flashing process.
Step #4: Re-installing Magisk
- Remove the cable and then press the Volume Up and Power button.
- Release the Power key and keep pressing Volume Up Key to access recovery.
- Now, you have to wipe out the data of your Samsung phone.
- After this, install the Magisk App and enjoy rooting privileges.
Step #5: Checking Root Status
- You have completed the flashing process, let’s check root status.
- Download and install the Root Checker application from the Playstore.
- Open the app and click on Verify Root to confirm the root status.
- Finally, if the screen is showing a green tick, your device is rooted.
That’s all for today! With this guide, you can effectively root Samsung Galaxy A12 and unveil its true strength without being bounded by the system settings.
You can try out different custom ROMs to enjoy the exciting traits. But if you encounter any issues while following the guide, do let us know in the comment part.