Hi there, friends! Are you searching for a simple solution to root Samsung Galaxy A20? Hurray! Here, you will attain a dedicated walkthrough that provides those traits.
In this article, we have to club everything that you will need to root your handset. From the basic information about how to flash magisk files and run the Odin flash tool in the following section. With that, you can easily unlock the system doors.
Besides, there are various things that you can try once those system files are opened. Are you ready to unveil the true potential of your device? Yes, you are! With that said, let’s head toward the basics of rooting and understand why it’s necessary to root.
What is Root?
In the operating system, the system directory stores data in the root. Usually, it offers space for different data files from apps, users, and internal files too. Though you can’t access those functions due to smartphone restrictions and boundaries.
The OS accesses the root files through admin privileges, but a regular user can’t attain those attributes. If you also want to control the whole interface settings, the first thing that you need to attain is root access.
Why Root Samsung Galaxy A20?
The Galaxy A-series phone gives impeccable features and specs at a decent price tag. However, several users point out fast battery drain and performance drop.
Do you also feel the same and want to solve these issues? For this, you have to grasp how to root your handset. Once you have attained the ultimate guide and applied the steps properly. You can perform amazing feats without any problem.
Removing bloatware apps, modifying interface layout, adding custom ROMs, & many things become possible. You have the key to controlling the whole Android ecosystem. But still, you should also need to be aware of the downsides.
Advantages of Root Samsung Galaxy A20
There is a handful of reasons to root access. For example, if you desire to increase the performance limits of your phone, you can do it with overclocking software. Following this, you can also get the latest Android version update on your device.
On the other hand, the interface is loaded with some adverts notification that makes the UI experience miserable. If you want to get rid of the bloatware apps and adverts, unlocking those amazing rooting attributes can prove a good solution.
Disadvantages of Root Samsung Galaxy A20
Rooting your phone does affect the system settings if you aimlessly delete something from the internal files, it could severely harm your handset. It could lead to more major problems such as bootloop or in the worst case, the device becomes brick.
On the other hand, some users also point out that they are facing performance drops after rooting. Moreover, you won’t be able to install the official update because rooted devices are not eligible for OTA updates, and you will lose warranty privileges.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A20?
Now that you understand the flaws and benefits of rooting your device, I hope you get a rough idea about whether you want to attain those system settings access or not.
But before you are getting started, we suggest you finish the primary requirements for the upcoming guide. Don’t miss anything to execute the process without any nuisance. On a side note, make sure to download standalone software.
Before You Root!
- Make sure your smartphone bootloader is already unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlock bootloader on any Android phone.
- Your smartphone battery should be charged to more than 60%.
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your important data and files.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
Step #1: Preparing boot image
- Go to the Samfrew website and enter the model number.
- Download and extract stock firmware files on your computer.
- When you extract the zip file, you will several files options.
- Inside the new folder, you have to copy the “AP” file.
- Lastly, transfer the newly extracted “AP” file to the phone.
Step #2: Patching boot image
- Download and install the Magisk App on your phone.
- Now, access the application and click on the Install section.
- Pick the patched file option and go to “AP” file location.
- Click on Ok! The file was replaced by magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your computer.
Step #3: Flash patched boot file
- Firstly, put your Samsung phone into the Download mode.
- Extract and open the Odin Flash Tool as shown below screenshot.
- Connect your phone to the computer through a USB cable.
- Click on “AP” and select the magisk_patched.tar file location.
- Inside the options, disable the auto-reboot function.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin flashing process.
Step #4: Re-installing Magisk
- Remove the cable and then press the Volume Up and Power button.
- Release Power key and keep pressing Volume Up Key to access recovery.
- Now, you have to wipe out the data of your Android phone.
- After this, install the Magisk App and enjoy rooting privileges.
That’s it, you have unlocked those fascinating attributes now, you can easily control the interface according to your desire while increasing performance is also feasible.
With this, let’s conclude the root Samsung Galaxy A20 guide. If you’re facing trouble while following the steps do let us know. We will provide the apt solution as soon as possible. Meanwhile, tell us your rooting experience below.