Hi there, friends! Are you looking for a root Samsung Galaxy M12 manual? If yes, your quest comes to end here. In this article, you will acquire a 100% working walkthrough.
In this tech-savvy world, the smartphone becomes an integral component of our life, which can’t be separated from you. But, if phone doesn’t have sufficient performance it could become a horrible experience.
Obviously, you don’t want that in the first place. In that situation, you can receive the system settings control by root access without any trouble. Besides this, you will get total control over the smartphone’s internal settings precisely.
In the following section, you will understand the basics, so let’s get started.
What is Root?
The root is the system directory that works under the operating system, while it can only access through the administrative privileges and store smartphone data too.
On the other hand, rooting means that you are unlocking the system files, which are inherently blocked by phone makers. But once you have reached those features, you can easily enter into the hidden compartments and get control over the device.
Why Root Samsung Galaxy M12?
I have seen that lots of the Galaxy M-series handsets provide impressive features and ample user experience. But on the other hand, it’s one of the worst lineup of Samsung in terms of getting upcoming android updates, while the UI is loaded with bloatware.
As soon as you have rooted your handset, you can change the system settings, install custom ROMs, flash advanced software, and accomplish more exciting things. But the best part of unlocking root access is that you get android updates faster.
You should also need to aware of the risk of not following the pre-requirement section because it could lead your phone to problems like bootloop and complete brick. Thus, we highly recommend you take the next part in a pretty serious way.
Before You Start
Before you get started with the installation guide, you have to finish the requirements to easily unlock the root access. So, we highly recommend completing these steps.
Take a complete backup
You don’t want to lose your device data. Right? In that case, the first thing you need to do before starting the rooting process is to backup your data. To apply, check the link.
Install Odin on PC
Odin software is designed to flash stock firmware files (in .tar or .tar.md5 formats) on Android-based Samsung devices and supports any Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP PC.
Unlocking the bootloader is a pretty important task while rooting your phone, without this, you won’t be able to unlock the root access. So, grab the complete guide below.
To acquire root access you need to download firmware according to the model name. You can choose any options present in the following section to get the right firmware.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M12?
If you don’t choose to work harder, you can try to do work smarter than other people. For your convenience, we have covered the easiest method to unlock root privileges.
We are using the magisk rooting method that allows you to achieve superuser access without modifying the system files. Long story short, it’s the safest route to reach your goals without any further problems. With that said, let’s begin.
Step #1: Preparing boot image
- You have to grab the stock firmware from the above section.
- Following this, you have to extract the zip using an unzipper.
- When you extract the firmware, you have several file options.
- You have to copy only the AP.tar.md5 file from the extracted folder.
- Lastly, paste it into your Samsung phone’s internal storage.
Step #2: Patching boot image
- Download and install the Magisk App on your phone.
- Now, access the application and click on the Install section.
- Select and Patch a file option and go to AP file location.
- Click on Ok! The file was replaced by magisk_patched.tar.
- You need to transfer that patched file to your computer.
Step #3: Flash patched boot file
- Now, Turn OFF the device and then boot into download mode.
- Extract and open the Odin Flash Tool as shown below screenshot.
- Connect your phone to the computer through a USB cable.
- Click on “AP” and select the magisk_patched.tar file location.
- Inside the options, disable the auto-reboot function.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin flashing process.
Step #4: Re-installing Magisk
- Remove the cable and then press the Volume Up and Power button.
- Release the Power key and keep pressing Volume Up Key to access recovery.
- Now, you have to wipe out the data of your Samsung phone.
- After this, install the Magisk App and enjoy rooting privileges.
Step #5: Checking Root Status
- You have completed the flashing process, let’s check root status.
- Download and install the Root Checker application from the Playstore.
- Open the app and click on Verify Root to confirm the root status.
- Finally, if the screen is showing a green tick, your device is rooted.
Kudos my friend! With this manual, you have rooted Samsung Galaxy M12. Now, you can attempt to download customization attributes to improvise the interface layout.
Aside from this, you can also try out numerous ROM options that are delivered by the magisk library. But, if you face any trouble while searching for resources and you are stuck in some situation, let us know about your issue in the below section.