Hi there, mates! Are looking for the easiest method to Root Samsung Galaxy M21? In that case, your search ends here as we are providing a 100% working steps guide.
In this tech world where everything is going on a fast pact, you definitely don’t want to stay behind the trend. But still, your smartphone is holding back from gaining those immersive features. What if I tell you that it’s possible to break limits?
You can take control of your handset too. But first, you require to acquire root access. Once you have obtained this hidden gem, nobody can block you from accomplishing your ultimate goal. So, are you excited to unlock those robust features?
Yeah, for sure! But before that, you need to understand the basics to avoid trouble.
Table of Contents
What is Root?
The storage unit inside the operating system is known as the root directory. It usually stores data from all across the system to users and application data.
Although, it’s pretty challenging to access those system files if you don’t have admin privileges. To attain those powers, you have to gain the root access feature to easily sneak into the system settings and get control over administer panel attributes.
Why Root Samsung Galaxy M21?
The Samsung Galaxy M-series smartphone is known for its all-rounder features and specs. But, you also notice that the handset didn’t provide the latest Android update, and the interface is loaded with lots of annoying pre-install apps.
In that situation, unlocking the rooting privileges becomes best deal as you will get all of the latest updates over your phone and easily adjust the system settings to remove those useless bloatware apps from UI without any hassle at all.
Despite this, we will also shed light on the weaknesses because if you don’t follow the requirement section properly, you might even damage your device severely with issues like performance lags, overheating, and bootloop. So, read the next paragraph.
Before You Start
Before you get started with the installation guide, you have to finish the requirements to easily unlock the root access. So, we highly recommend completing these steps.
Take a complete backup
You don’t want to lose your device data. Right? In that case, the first thing you need to do before starting the rooting process is to backup your data. To apply, check the link.
Install Odin on a PC
Odin software is designed to flash stock firmware files (in .tar or .tar.md5 formats) on Android-based Samsung devices and supports any Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP PC.
If you want to open those fascinating traits, it would be a pretty difficult task to root without unlocking the bootloader. So, get the complete guide from the below section.
To acquire root access you need to download firmware according to the model name. You can choose any options present in the following section to get the right firmware.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M21?
I hope that you have completed the above-mentioned tasks. Once you have done that, you are ready the unlock immersive features with the upcoming rooting methods.
In the following section, you will attain a complete step-by-step procedure to unleash the true potential of your device. Are you ready to begin the root process? Yes, you are.
Step #1: Preparing boot image
- You have to grab the stock firmware from the above section.
- Following this, you have to extract the zip using an unzipper.
- When you extract the firmware, you have several file options.
- You have to copy only the AP.tar.md5 inside the new folder.
- Lastly, paste it into your Samsung phone’s internal storage.
Step #2: Patching boot image
- Download and install the Magisk App on your phone.
- Now, access the application and click on the Install section.
- Select and Patch a file option and go to AP file location.
- Click on Ok! The file was replaced by magisk_patched.tar.
- You need to transfer that patched file to your computer.
Step #3: Flash patched boot file
- Now, Turn OFF the device and then boot into download mode.
- Extract and open the Odin Flash Tool as shown below screenshot.
- Connect your phone to the computer through a USB cable.
- Click on “AP” and select the magisk_patched.tar file location.
- Inside the options, disable the auto-reboot function.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin flashing process.
Step #4: Re-installing Magisk
- Remove the cable and then press the Volume Up and Power button.
- Release the Power key and keep pressing Volume Up Key to access recovery.
- Now, you have to wipe out the data of your Samsung phone.
- After this, install the Magisk App and enjoy rooting privileges.
Step #5: Checking Root Status
- You have completed the flashing process, let’s check root status.
- Download and install the Root Checker application from the Play Store.
- Open the app and click on Verify Root to confirm the root status.
- Finally, if the screen is showing a green tick, your device is rooted.
To sum it all up, you have successfully Root Samsung Galaxy M21 using the guide. In the meantime, why don’t you try out different custom ROMs to modify the interface?
Aside from this, you can contact us via the comment section if you notice any issues while reading the steps. Do let us know about your queries and rooting experience in the following section so that we can respond to you fast.