There are several methods to root Samsung Galaxy S22, but if you are looking for the easiest way you come across the right place where you will obtain a dedicated guide to solve your problem. Following this, make sure to take a complete backup first.
Root any android phone arrives with its a risk that can severely damage the phone or create havoc in the internal system settings. But the question does it worth taking that risk? Everything depends on what you want to achieve with root privileges.
You can merely flash different custom ROM features to recast the interface settings according to your desire. Anything is possible with those impressive features But at the same time, it’s necessary to master the basics to avoid any problems.
So, let’s grasp what root is actually and why you need those traits in the first place!
What is Root?
The system directory that possesses the power to store data is none other than the root directory. Everything is stored inside this directory, while all of these files can be accessed through the administer directory that manages processes in the OS.
However, it could be difficult for some users to unlock those rooting traits. Because smartphone makers will not allow changes in the system settings or root Samsung Galaxy S22 in the first place. You can modify anything from the scratch.
But, there are tons of reasons why not to follow the smartphone makers’ will.
Why Root Samsung Galaxy S22?
Everybody wants freedom with their phone’s settings and didn’t want any restriction to bother their usage. It could merely bloatware apps or ad notifications.
In some users’ cases, they are bored with the boring system layering and desire to try out something new and refreshing. While on the other hand, there are a few people who want to boost their sluggish performance by simply playing games.
Are you one of them? Yes! You also wish to have overall system settings control. So, follow the next paragraph.
Before You Start
Before you get started with the installation guide, you have to finish the requirements to easily unlock the root access. So, we highly recommend completing these steps.
Take a complete backup
You don’t want to lose your device data. Right? In that case, the first thing you need to do before starting the root process is to backup your data. To apply, check the guide.
Install Odin on PC
Odin software is designed to flash stock firmware files (in .tar or .tar.md5 formats) on Android-based Samsung devices and supports any Windows operating system.
Unlocking the bootloader is a pretty important task while rooting your phone, without this, you won’t be able to unlock the root access. So, grab the complete guide below.
To acquire root access in Galaxy series you need to download stock firmware package according to the model name. You can choose any option present in the below section.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S22?
You can root your phone without much trouble with the following methods and easily reach out to those robust systems robust. In the upcoming section, I have covered the process apt according to the best success rate, so you can root without trouble.
On the same note, if you are a newbie and looking for the easiest and safe option, we preferred you to go with the magisk rooting. Though it’s a bit longer it will execute the work and provide those ample characteristics without any issue.
Step #1: Preparing boot image
- You have to grab the stock firmware from the above section.
- Following this, you have to extract the zip using an unzipper.
- When you extract the firmware, you have several file options.
- You have to copy only the AP file from the extracted folder.
- Lastly, paste it into your Samsung phone’s internal storage.
Step #2: Patching boot image
- Download and install the Magisk App on your phone.
- Now, access the application and click on the Install section.
- Select and Patch a file option and go to AP file location.
- Click on Ok! The file was replaced by magisk_patched.tar.
- You need to transfer that patched file to your computer.
Step #3: Flash patched boot file
- Now, Turn OFF the device and then boot into download mode.
- Extract and open the Odin Flash Tool as shown below screenshot.
- Connect your phone to the computer through a USB cable.
- Click on “AP” and select the magisk_patched.tar file location.
- Inside the options, disable the auto-reboot function.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin flashing process.
Step #4: Re-installing Magisk
- Remove the cable and then press the Volume Up and Power button.
- Release the Power key and keep pressing Volume Up Key to access recovery.
- Now, you have to wipe out the data of your Samsung phone.
- After this, install the Magisk App and enjoy rooting privileges.
Step #5: Checking Root Status
- You have completed the flashing process, let’s check root status.
- Download and install the Root Checker application from the Play Store.
- Open the app and click on Verify Root to confirm the root status.
- Finally, if the screen is showing a green tick, your device is rooted.
You have completed the root Samsung Galaxy S22 guide and unlocked those glorious rooting attributes that will grant you total control over the system settings, advanced customization features, faster Android updates, and more.
On the other hand, if you are facing any problems while rooting your phone, do let us know in the following comment section to solve the issue without further ado!