In this tutorial, we will cover how to uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10 without any issue. There are three methods from which you can achieve this goal.
There’s no denying the latest software update with the Windows 11 brings impressive texture and font style with an overall improved user interface experience. But for some reason, you are facing trouble with the update, you can roll back to an old version.
However, the process of rolling back to the older Windows 10 operating system could be a troublesome task as you have to follow a lengthy procedure. Though you won’t face backlash if you missed something. If you didn’t track steps, it could be a hassle.
Thus, make sure to stick to the end. Now, let’s first discuss Windows 11 update and its features thoroughly.
About Windows 11:
The Windows 11 arrives with various new features and traits, but the best noticeable would be renewed interface, like the complete makeover change as the Windows 8.
Hopefully, the overall user experience with the latest Windows update is not bad as the nightmare Windows 8 experience. There are tons of exciting and latest elements.
There are exciting features such as 5G connectivity options, multiple voice assistance, voice typing, Spatial sound, and more exciting things that enhance user experience.
But some people didn’t like the Windows 11 update due to system bugs and handful of other problems. While some state that they didn’t like the rounded corner UI layout.
Tons of users want the older version nothing more or less. Are you one of them? Yes, you want to uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10, right?
In that case, you must take a backup of your files, so follow the next section!
Note: After updating to Windows 11, you can’t install Windows 10, if you finished the 10-days limit. If you are under that limit, installing an older version would be possible.
Backup Files Before Rolling Back To Windows 10
Before starting the process of uninstalling Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10, it’s necessary to take backup. You can choose different options from external hard drives to cloud storage to store important data.
Note: We recommend you to fulfil this prerequisite in case something goes during installation, at least you have safely secured your data.
Reasons People are Uninstalling Windows 11?
Here are some of the primary reasons why people are uninstalling Windows 11. Check out the list of reasons for rolling back to the older version.
- Complete taskbar format change.
- Without Cortana app support.
- More delays in startup.
- Forgotten timeline.
- Fewer layout options are available.
- Accelerated desktop.
Now, let’s understand how to uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10 features without any further ado!
Uninstall Windows 11 & Roll Back To Windows 10
The process of uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to windows 10 is pretty simple and you didn’t need lots of standalone apps or software to complete the overall procedure.
Do follow the instruction properly to roll back the system to the older version. In the next section, we have covered three methods. So, let’s start with the first method!
Method #1 – How To Uninstall Windows 11 Using Recovery Option
The following method is only applicable only if your Windows 11 didn’t complete the 10-days duration. Therefore, let’s have a glance over the process.
- Head toward the settings menu and open the Recovery options in the list.
- Inside the recovery options, you will notice the Go Back choice, tap on it.
- Following this, the OS will ask a few questions why are you going back.
- After filling in all the details and reasons, click on the Next button.
- Now, you have to select the No Thanks to rolling back to Windows 10.
- The next dialog box show what things can happen, then press on Next.
- Make sure to remove your PC password and again click on Next.
- Lastly, you have to click on the GO BACK TO EARLIER BUILD option.
Eventually, the process started and will take a few minutes to perform all the required changes in the interface. Once that is done, the system will be restarted automatically which will lead to the older version dialog box.
In the following section, the system will ask whether you want to get access to the future major update or not. You want to uninstall Windows 11, correct!
So, there’s no need to apply any changes. Follow this section to avoid future updates.
- After successfully installing Windows 10, go to the Update & Security section.
- Next, you have to enter into the Windows Insider program.
- Enable Stop Getting Preview Builds toggle to avoid getting updates.
- After this, the new dialog box will ask you to Restart Now, tap on it.
- Go to Settings → Update & Security → Windows Insider program.
- Tap on the Get Started and it will start the reboot process.
- You have successfully uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10.
Note: If you have already crossed the 10-days limits, you can check the other two methods to uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10 without any trouble.
Method #2 – Uninstall Windows 11 By Repair Disk
The following process will need a repair disk that will uninstall the current version and install the previous version over your computer, it’s like backup and restore.
Following this, you are currently using the Windows 11 version, and to take backup, you utilize any backup tool you like or use an external disk to store important data.
- Like the previous method, go to the Settings and then Recovery options.
- Now, you have to select on Restart Now option present in Advanced startup.
- In this upcoming section, you have to select the Troubleshoot choice.
- Then head toward the Advance options and Uninstall Update.
- Next, you have to select the Uninstall latest feature update.
- That’s it, it will uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10 easily.
Although you will lose some data and configured settings, you can download apps and reconfigure settings according to your requirement later on.
Method #3 – Uninstall Update without Recovery
There’s a high chance that you have passed the 10-days limit of going back to the older version. Even after this, you can roll back to Windows 10 from Windows 11.
The following methods didn’t require to use of the recovery options, although, you have to purchase the key for Windows 10 to experience the older settings and apps.
Note: In this process, you have to download the Windows media creation tool.
- First of all, you have to go to the official page of Windows media creation tool.
- On that page, you have to click on the Download Tool Now button.
- Open the setup file that you have recently downloaded for the official site.
- It will take some time to load, and then, Accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Now, select Upgrade this PC here and press the Next option.
- This will start the download process, wait until the process ends.
- Now, you have to accept the license terms to continue.
- Following this, if the above two options are not blurred, select them.
- But if they are blurred, pick the Nothing options and press Next.
- Finally, the installation process of Windows 10 will begin.
Configure settings apt according to your needs and enjoy the older features. In this way, you can uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10 without recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- How to backup on Windows 11?
Q- How to uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10?
2. Click on Recovery options.
3. Tap on Go Back.
4. Fill in the information.
5. Start Uninstall process.
Q- What are the precaution I need to take before rolling back to windows 10?
Q- How do I uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10 without using recovery?
Q- How to uninstall Windows 11 after the 10-days limit?
I hope that you have successfully uninstall Windows 11 and roll back to Windows 10 with this guide. We have also covered the solution if the Go back choice is blurred.
Meanwhile, if you are facing any issues while following the guides, do let us know in the subsequent comment section, and tell us your worst experience with Windows 11.