You can’t access unique and exciting custom ROMs unless you know how to unlock bootloader on any android phone. Here’s an easy tutorial to open those settings.
Whether you want to utilize the exciting privileges of rooting or merely want to add extra customization features, you need to be aware of the proper method to unlock bootloader on any android phone. Because without this, you can’t move forward.
Unlocking the bootloader is the first building block that requires to be prepared to do modifications in the smartphone ecosystem. There are tons of things you can access and apply once the system settings doors are opened by your efforts and will.
Even though you heard that techie stuff for the first time, worry not, you can unleash your phone’s true abilities. With that said, let’s grasp a bit of info on the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
The bootloader of the bootstrap command software is operating system software that is responsible to kick start the overall system processes in the RAM section. The boot program starts working with several processes when you press the power button.
Consequently, the system process checks the entire system behind the booting logo, and everything completely in only a few seconds. Besides, it’s stored primary system data that helps us to factory reset the phone or simply boot into the safe.
Now that you have understood the basics about the bootloader and it’s working, let’s move forward to why you need to unlock the bootloader in the first place!
Why Unlock Bootloader on any Android Phone?
The smartphone companies usually locked the bootloader for the users’ security, but in reality, they just want to take control over your daily web surfing routine. Everything is tracked by different apps and companies to show you personalized ads.
The reason can differ from person to person, but in most cases, if you want to root any android phone or flash the latest android version over your phone, the first thing you need to perform is to unlock bootloader on any android phone.
But it doesn’t mean that unlocking those attributes would come without impacts. So, it’s necessary to understand the pros and cons before leading to unlock bootloader on any android phone.
Advantage of Unlock bootloader
First and foremost, you can easily root your device if you have unlocked the bootloader settings. Besides this, you can also add different custom ROMs and other software.
To flash those characteristics, you will need a custom TWRP recovery that can only be installed once you have opened the bootloader features of your phone not long ago.
Moreover, you can apply impressive features such as overclocking and underclocking to get more performance for advanced-level gaming sessions and better battery life.
You can take advanced complete backup that can attain after root your smartphone without a PC and change the overall settings and android interface layout traits.
Disadvantage of Unlock bootloader
The common problem a user faces after unlocking the bootloader traits is that he/she can’t get warranty privileges because unlocking bootloader is against company policy.
The locked bootloader offers better security protection and armed firewall settings, but once you have unlocked those doors, you have to compromise with security.
Your device won’t be eligible for the future android update. In case the device is stuck in the bootloop, you will get a hard time repairing it from the authentic service center.
How to Unlock Bootloader on any Android Phone
Unlocking the bootloader can be an intriguing task for many users, as you will apply lots of commands to achieve the final goal. But once you complete this guide, you can easily unlock bootloader on any android phone without much hassle.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not accountable for specific damage that happens to the reader’s device. Make sure to take a Backup Android Phone to avoid any further risks.
Method #1 – Unlock Bootloader All Phones
The process of unlocking the bootloader on any android gadget is simple, you did not need to follow a long method. Following the upcoming four parts will give the solution.
Step 1: Unlocking developer mode
- First and foremost, you have open the Settings App.
- Inside the Settings menu, click on the About Phone section.
- Next, you have to tap on the Build Number several times.
- A pop-up message will appear saying, you are now a developer.
- following this, you can enter into the Developer mode menu.
- Enable both of the OEM unlocking and USB debugging options.
Step 2: Attach your phone and PC
- Ensure you have downloaded and installed USB drivers/ ADB tools.
- Press “cmd” in the search bar of Window’s to open command prompt.
- Interlink your phone using the original data cable to the computer.
- Make sure have got USB debugging alert and click on OK.
Step 3: Insert ADB/ Fastboot commands
- Inside the command prompt, enter “adb devices” to check phone connectivity.
- If you see a combination of numbers and alphabets, you are ready for next step.
- Now, you have to boot into the bootloader. Enter “adb reboot bootloader”
- Following this, you can enter the fastboot command. Use “fastboot devices”
- Unlock the OEM feature by applying “fastboot OEM unlock” command.
- Lastly, you can utilize “fastboot flashing unlock” to finish the process.
Step 4: Finally, unlock the bootloader
- Inside the phone’s screen, you have options to unlock the bootloader or not.
- Navigate via the Volume keys to apply to require step and press Power button.
- You have to pick the option that says Yes, unlock the bootloader.
- After this, the phone will take some time to complete the reset.
- Now, you have successfully unlock the bootloader on your phone.
Method #2 – Unlock Bootloader Samsung phones
Samsung device offers the most reliable and simple method to unlock the bootloader. Unlike other brands, you didn’t follow lots of steps, only a few clicks will be needed.
With that said, let’s check out the following steps.
Step 1: Open developer settings
- Like usual, go to Settings → About Phone → Tap on build number.
- Click on the build number a few times to open developer mode.
- Now, navigate to Additional Settings and then Developer Settings.
- Following this, enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking toggle.
- Lastly, you have to Turn off your device by pressing the Power key.
Step 2: Simply unlock the bootloader
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Down key, until the fastboot logo appear.
- Next, you have to connect your Samsung device to PC through a USB cable.
- A warning message will appear on the screen, then long press Volume Up key.
- On the next screen, you have to press Volume Up key to unlock the bootloader.
With this method, you can successfully unlock bootloader on any Samsung phone.
Method #3 – Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi phones
Like the earlier methods, you need access to developer mode to free the bootloader settings. So, follow the step-by-step instructions to apply the changes.
Note: Xiamoi device will be erased after unlocking the bootloader, so double-check to take backup of your important data before starting the following guide.
Step 1: Unlock Developer settings
- Go to the Settings App and enter into the About Phone section.
- Tap on MIUI version a few times, till you’re developer didn’t appear.
- Navigate to the Additional settings and press on Developer Mode.
- Allow OEM unlocking, USB debugging, and Install Via USB toggles.
Step 2: Log in to Mi account
- First of all, turn off the Wifi, the enable Mobile data and location options.
- Now, log in to your Mi account and allow the Find my device toggle.
- Again, navigate to developer mode to enter in Mi unlock status.
- Tap on the Agree button and click on Add account and device.
- Once, you have successfully added the account, turn off your device
- Press Volume Down + Power button to enter into fastboot mode.
Step 3: Join the devices
- Download and extract the Mi Unlock Tool inside your computer.
- Following this, connect your Xiaomi phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open the Mi unlock tool, there you will see your device is connected.
- If not, try to reconnect once again and click on the Unlock button.
- With this, you will unlock the Xiaomi phone’s bootloader precisely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- How unlock bootloader without PC?
Ans. First of all, you will need two phones to unlock the bootloader without a PC. With this, you also need to download & install a third-party ADB command tool apk.
Q- Is bootloader unlock good?
Ans. Depending on the user’s perspective it can be good or bad either way. You can unlock several other things, but at the same time, you lose warranty privileges too.
Q- Unlock bootloader will erase data?
Ans. Yes, if you are unlocking the bootloader your data can wipe out from the internal storage. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup before starting the process.
Q- How to avoid bootloop problem on android?
Ans. To avoid the bootloop issues, you can start with soft resetting the phone. Or you can factory reset/hard reset will do the work too. Lastly, by using TWRP recovery.
Q- Can I root my phone without unlocking the bootloader?
Ans. No, you can root your phone without unlocking the bootloader because you won’t be able to boot the device. So make sure to unlock it first before rooting.
I hope that you grasp the information about how to unlock bootloader on any android phone, while I have also covered different methods for Samsung and Xiaomi phones.
If you encounter any problem during the unlock process or facing a bootloop issue on your phone, let us know in the comment section to solve your trouble ASAP!