If you want to root the smartphone, you need to know how to unlock bootloader on Motorola phones. In the following guide, I’ll cover the method to unlock bootloader.
Are you ready to unveil the true potential of your device? Yes, you are! As we all know that unlocking the bootstrap command is difficult unless you know the correct method to do so. Usually, you can attain those settings by running some fastboot commands.
Besides this, it’s one of the prominent steps that you need to apply before moving to the full-fledge rooting process. So, let’s start the fun by unlocking those settings.
But before you have toward the process of unlocking the bootloader settings, let’s first grasp information about what the bootstrap command does in the operating system.
What is Bootloader?
The bootloader is a small program in the operating system. Its primary work is to run the BIOS precisely and check system files condition when you boot your phone.
When the operating system starts, the boot process starts and checks every corner of the system partition. It’s a security check that appears when you press the power key of your smartphone. A lot of processes take place within a few minutes.
Besides, it is also known as a boot manager. On the other hand, every smartphone company offers a different boot image that appears when you activate the phone.
Why Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Phones?
There could be only a handful of reasons to unlock bootloader on Motorola Phones. For starters, you may want to flash custom recovery to install different software over your android device without being bothered by the system limits and boundaries.
However, the main reason for unlocking system settings is to attain those fascinating rooting privileges. Isn’t that right? You want to control the whole system according to your desire. But, you also understand that there are good and bad of rooting.
Similarly, if you unlock the bootloader, you also need to be aware of the pros and cons!
When you unlock bootloader on Motorola phones, you can easily flash custom recover to install ROMs and enjoy the personalized feature without being bothered by anyone.
Following this, you will also attain lots of customization traits that allow modifying the interface layout. Besides this, you can also achieve amazing rooting privileges to gain total control over the Android ecosystem with options to boost performance.
Apart from this, when you unlocked those features, you can effectively terminate the bloatware apps from the user interface. Furthermore, try different UI experiences.
After unlock the bootloader you will lose the warranty privileges and you won’t attain the official update. Plus, unlock bootloader is against smartphone companies’ policies.
While on other hand, you also failed to obtain the privacy features that arrived with a locked bootloader. Besides this, also constant fear that if you mess up some settings, it can result in complete brick problems in the worst-case scenario.
Therefore, we recommend you take a complete backup before starting the process to unlock bootloader on Motorola phones. With that said, let’s begin!
Before You Start
- Unlock the developer mode of your Motorola phone.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Download and install Motorola USB driver on PC.
- Make sure to fuel the phone more than 80%.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
How to Unlock bootloader on Motorola Phones?
Before you get started with the process, we highly recommend you finish the pre-requirements to avoid any trouble while following the procedure.
Follow the steps to unlock bootloader on Motorola phones without any problem.
Step 1: Unleash the developer mode
- First and foremost, open the Settings App present on the home screen.
- Scroll down and click on the About Phone settings option.
- Now, tap on the build number more than 8~9 times simultaneously.
- Go back to the Settings menu and search for developer options.
- Inside that, you have to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
Step 2: Prepare software and phone
- Download and install Platform Tools on your Windows PC.
- Once that happen, extract the setup & run command prompt.
- Following this, you have to turn off your smartphone first.
- Press the Volume Up + Power button to access fastboot mode.
- Finally, connect your device to the computer using the cable.
Step 3: Apply the fastboot command
- Open the platform tools folder and enter “cmd” in the address bar.
- Enter the first command “fastboot devices” to check the phone is connected.
- Now, enter the second command “fastboot oem get_unlock_data”.
- With this, you will get four line code, copy it into the notepad.
Step 4: Fill up the code and unlock bootloader
- First, you have to generate the code from the Motorola website.
- If you didn’t have a Motorola account, you can use a Gmail account too.
- Add the four-line code and click on the can my device can unlock?
- If the device is eligible, you will obtain the code on your e-mail.
- Again open the command prompt and enter fastboot OEM unlock (code).
- Make sure to add the code after the command, and then hit enter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- How to unlock bootloader on Motorola phones without PC?
Ans. All you need is a secondary phone in which you will run the fastboot commands, while the entire process of unlocking the bootloader on your phone is the same.
Q- What is bootloader mode?
Ans. The bootloader mode is a process where the system checks a lot of things behind the scene. It’s known as a boot manager equip different options in the boot menu.
Q- What is the OEM lock on the Motorola phone?
Ans. The locked OEM means that the bootloader is locked by the makers. If you want to unlock those settings, you will need a dedicated guide that even helps in rooting.
Q- Why bootloader is locked?
Ans. The smartphone makers usually locked the bootloader settings for a stable and better user experience, but at the same time, it is also used for controlling the device.
Q- Is it safe to unlock the bootloader?
Ans. No, when you are unlocking the bootloader, the warranty policies will be violated so if your phone is under warranty period think twice before unlocking.
With this guide, you can easily and efficiently unlock bootloader on Motorola phones. For the next task, heading toward flashing the custom recovery is a great idea as you will eventually need this standalone software to apply root features.
On the other hand, if you find any problem following unlock bootloader walkthrough, do let us know in the comment section. We will solve the issue as soon as possible.