If you desire to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones, you must comprehend the correct guide. I have covered a simple guide to open those settings in this post.
However, it can be considered a difficult task for first-timers since you will need to grab additional standalone applications and software to handle the process smoothly. On the other hand, you need computer support to apply the commands.
Besides this, unlocking the bootloader settings is the first step to acquiring fascinating rooting privileges. Moreover, there are lots of things that you can try out once you have access to the boot manager while flashing custom ROMs is possible.
Apart from this, there are a few downsides to unlocking those settings. Worry not, we have covered everything, so make the final call whether to do the modifications or not.
With that said, let’s head toward the introductory section!
Table of Contents
What is Bootloader?
In simple terms, the bootloader is a security checkpoint where the operating system checks the system files. This can also be called the Android bootloader.
Similarly, the computer also has a boot manager, which is generally known as BIOS. On top of that, it’s the first that runs when you start your handset, Usually, when the dim black screen appears, it means the bootloader triggers its functions.
Basically, it provides commands to the operating system to start the system properly. In some cases, if the handset is missing files, it will be stuck the boot logo.
Now, let’s witness the reasons why people unlock bootloaders in the first place.
Why Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Phones?
There can be various reasons to unlock those fascinating features. Like, many users want to remove those bloatware apps. You can also perform that.
For that, all you need to follow the guide. On the other hand, some users have a desire to install custom ROMs in the Android ecosystem. But there are a handful of people who want to unleash rooting privileges. Are you also looking for those features?
But on the other hand, unlocking the bootloader arrives with a few downsides. Again, it includes problems like warranty loss, decreased security, and more things. Hence, it is necessary to check all the benefits and disadvantages before getting started.
It’s a fact that Xiaomi device appears with lots of bloatware apps that can disturb the overall interface experience. If you want to experience a clean UI without any hassle, you can unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones with the following guide.
Moreover, you’ll obtain a diverse range of features, one of which is key to unlocking the rooting attributes. On top of that, you can modify the system settings according to your requirement precisely and try out different brands’ OS skins in a few clicks.
When unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones, you won’t be able to obtain any warranty features. Besides this, there’s a high chance that OS will crash while updating.
To avoid updating the security patch and Android updates after ending the method. In most cases, you won’t face any problems, but there’s also a slim chance that the phone might get stuck into the bootloop or, worst-case scenario, become complete brick.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Phones?
Note: When you unlock those settings, the system will remove all the data files, and factory reset the device. Thus, make sure to take a complete Android backup first.
Before You Start
- First of all, make sure you have a laptop or PC to apply the process.
- On the same note, you will need the Mi unlock tool on your computer.
- Besides this, it is also essential to back up data to avoid any trouble.
- Lastly, you need patience as the process might even take 160 hours.
Disclaimer: Droidmeguide is not responsible for any bricking or bootloop issue to your phone and you must take all the precautions to avoid damage.
Step 1: Access Mi account
Note: If you haven’t created it till now, you can create a Mi account.
- First and foremost, open the Settings app and scroll down.
- Click on the Mi account → Device → Find Device option.
- In the new screen, enable the Find Device toggle choice.
- That’s it. You have completed the first step.
Step 2: Employ Developer mode
- Tap on the About phone present in the Settings application.
- Now, you have to click on the MIUI version a few times.
- Next, move to the Additional Settings → Developer mode.
- You’ll enable OEM unlocking toggle present in the list.
- Enter the security password or pattern to confirm the changes.
Step 3: Enable Mi status
- After allowing OEM unlocking, scroll down and tap on Mi unlock status.
- Then, the screen will ask you to agree to the terms and conditions. Click on it.
- Following this, you have to press on the Add account and device.
- Make sure you have disabled the Wi-Fi and enabled Mobile Data.
- Once you have added the account. You will get a pop-up message.
- Now, simply turn off your Xiaomi Device using the power button.
Step 4: Apply final command
- Press the Volume Down + Power button to boot into fastboot.
- Connect the Xiaomi device using an original USB cable to a computer.
- Download and Install Mi unlock tool to initiate the procedure.
- Sign in with your Mi account to smoothly unlock bootloader.
- Finally, you have to click on the Unlock button to start the process.
Note: Once you have clicked on the button, the process will start automatically. On the other hand, if nothing happens, you have to wait according to time limits and then try the process again. Usually, the average time limit is under 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- Can we unlock bootloader without losing data?
Ans. If you take a complete Android backup, you won’t lose any data even if you have unlocked the bootloader as you have already backed up everything in a secure place.
Q- Can you root without OEM unlock?
Ans. No, you can root phones without OEM unlocking. Unlocking the OEM (bootloader) is a primary step and the best method to achieve those impressive rooting privileges.
Q- Do I need to unlock bootloader to install TWRP?
Ans. Yes, you need to unlock bootloader to install TWRP custom recovery because it’s necessary to unlock those system settings to easily flash a different custom recovery.
Q- How long does it take to unlock bootloader?
Ans. Normally, when you unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones, it could take around a week (7 days) to wrap up the whole unlocking bootloader procedure.
Q- Is unlocked bootloader safe?
Ans. Unlocking bootloaders is authorized by some smartphone makers. While at the same time, there are tons of brands that disowned warranty if you unlock bootloader.
That’s all you need to understand to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones. Now, enjoy the custom ROMs and apply various settings in the interface without any hassle.
With these powers, you will receive impressive options like rooting features. But at the same time, if you are facing any problems while following the guide, do let us know in the following comment section. We will provide the solution as soon as possible.